SEX WORKERS WEBSITES AND VIDEOS- OUR LIVES FROM OUR PERSPECTIVE
Written by Norma Jean Almodovar
Thursday, 22 September 2011 10:02
- If you want to see what sex workers have to say about themselves, view these videos: http://blip.tv/sexworkerspresent and What I love About Being a Sex Worker
- You think sex workers want to be 'rescued' and taught to sew, so that they can become trafficked victims into sweatshops, making clothes for politically correct Americans who think they are doing a good thing by forcing sex workers out of their jobs and into a life of drudgery in a clothing manufacturing factory? Right! No matter how good it makes those politically correct women feel about themselves, they need to realize that prostitution is a job and that women who do this work have a right to remain in their job if that is what they choose. "Women in Newport Beach, Huntington Beach and elsewhere in Orange County now promote IPP's mission by hosting so-called "PUNJAMMY Parties" at their homes — all for a good cause, freeing women from the international sex trade." Why not ask the sex workers from Durbar Mahila Samannwaya Committee (DMSC) and APNSW (Asia Pacific Network of Sex Work projects) how they feel about being 'rescued' and forced to make these "punjammies" so that these American women can feel like they have done something positive?
- UPDATE 11/25/12- Over 100 garment factory workers were killed in a fire in Bangladesh - most were women. The fire broke out at night- which begs the question, why were all the workers at work in the late night hours? This is not the first time that a fire has killed many garment manufacturing workers who were blocked from leaving the building... so- is garment manufacturing safer than sex work? It would seem not. These women might not have been killed if they were working in a brothel, earning MORE money than these poor victims of garment manufacturing slavery! "Panic-stricken workers reportedly leapt from windows as the blaze spread, and some workers said the building’s fire escape was blocked. Conditions at factories in Bangladesh are notoriously bad, and blocked fire exits are common, according to various media accounts."
- Here is a recent post from the 2012 AWID International Forum on Women’s Rights and Development in Istanbul:
- And to the Video from the Forum: http://youtu.be/7NgczFo3Ghc
- Here are some other links to articles, to our affiliates and to videos they have posted:
- A good one for those who insist upon sharing their stereotypes of prostitutes with us:
- Hit and Run: The Impact of Anti- Trafficking Policy and Practice on Sex Worker's Human Rights in Thailand (PDF- must have Adobe Reader)
- Research Project Korea: http://researchprojectkorea.wordpress.com/
- SWAN- Sex Worker Rights Advocacy Network: http://swannet.org/
- Cambodian Sex Workers Respond to "MTV Exit Video": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsFBRFQYwJg&feature=player_embedded
- A Call For Respect: Resentment Not Regret from a Sex Worker Arrested at a Bawdy House
- Swedish Sex Worker/ Activist talks about the so called "Swedish Model" and how it impacts the lives of sex workers (Youtube)
- "It happened to me- I read and believed Nick Kristof" Tits and Sass:
Viagra is gone to nurse a lot of types of medicinal problems. When you get medicaments like buy viagra you have to famous about where do you buy viagra. It is also noted as Sildenafil. A overall form of sexual dysfunction inter men is the erectile dysfunction. Orgasm problems can generally indicate problems in other space. Numerous ailments can affect the nerves that can slow the flow of blood. By the way, erection difficulties can be first symptom of severe health problems, such as heart disease.
Last Updated on Friday, 12 September 2014 11:52